Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wandering in Wexford

The journey to Wexford took two and a half hours by train.

Even though it’s slightly more expensive than the bus, going by train allows one to walk around, and more importantly, go to the bathroom.

......

I pressed the green button on the door. It slid open. It was one of them automatic toilets. As I entered, the door closed on its own.

I almost wet the floor when a woman’s voice suddenly said, “Press red button to lock door and ensure privacy”

It came from a speaker right beside the sink. You gotta love technology.

.....

I had arrived at 9.30pm. It was slightly drizzling so I decided to walk up to the bed and breakfast about twenty minutes away from the station.

That wasn’t the best of decisions.

  1. It was a dark night, drizzling and cold
  2. I took a cab the last time, hence wasn’t really sure of the directions
  3. I had google map on my phone so it was a foolproof idea (at the time)
  4. I’m a great a navigator, just like mom
  5. The streets were empty

This was what happened

  1. Within 10 minutes, I was lost
  2. The skies opened and it rained heavily
  3. Since it was so heavy, I couldn’t take my phone out to check for directions
  4. I’m pretty sure I stepped on a grave
  5. There was NO ONE around (on the ground at least)
  6. The wind made the tree shadows all the more scarier
  7. I knew that the B&B was up on a hill
  8. I just didn’t know which hill

Soaking wet, I dragged my luggage back down the hill, past the graveyard and into the city centre. I managed to grab a cab and finally arrived at my destination.

Moral of the story : ?

No comments:

Post a Comment