Friday, February 11, 2011

Gone with the wind

It’s been a windy few days in Dublin. Reports were coming in of an elderly lady who died as the wind caused a tree branch to fall right on to her.

I even witnessed a guy getting blown off his bike while taking a corner.

Even though the weather was dark and gloomy, it was heartening to get smiles from quite a few patients while I walked along the halls of St Joseph’s Ward.

....

I was feeling pretty pleased with myself that morning. I had obtained an “outstanding “ grade for my case presentation on a patient with a perforated sigmoid diverticula.

I could tell that the consultant was impressed by the fact that I could answer all his questions. It actually came to a point where he admitted,

“Well, the more you answer, the more I’m going to ask. The way this goes is that I’ll keep on asking until you say, ‘I don’t know’,”

It was turning out to be a really good day for me.

As I made my way back home, I looked down and realized that my zipper had been open all the while.

No wonder I was getting smiles all round....

No comments:

Post a Comment