Friday, September 24, 2010

Old-School

“Could you give me a hand, son?” asked the old lady who had just came out of the bathroom.

She was on crutches and was struggling to hold on to her change of clothes. I immediately helped carry her things and asked her to lead me to her bed.

The ward was full of elderly ladies. They seemed cheerful.

“I see you got yourself a nice boy toy over there,” said the lady in wearing a yellow dressing gown.

“Ooo, hello there son, I tip very generously,” said another, showing off her pronounced wrinkles as she winked at me. The rest of the gang sniggered in the background.

“Now you keep your hands off him! I found him and he’s mine,” said my patient.

I didn’t know where to hide my face. So I smiled at each of the ladies.

“Now you take good care of her. And no funny business!” said another one as I closed the curtains to my patient’s bed.

I helped seat her on to the bed.

“How can I help you there?” I asked her.

“Well, unless you have a thing for old ladies, I suggest you leave so that I can get dressed....”

Sheesh talk about mixed signals...




No comments:

Post a Comment