Friday, November 25, 2011

End in sight

8 minutes. 8 ECGs. I was screwed for time. Ironically my heart was beating so fast at that moment. Where’s the ECG machine when you need one?

It was indeed a challenging (ie I might fail) OSCE set, 12 stations of totally random stuff. I guess since I’ve technically finished the ‘theory’ part of medicine, everything’s fair game.

“What advice do you have for me regarding contraception,” the young lady asked.

“As you are well aware, there are a huge range of methods available nowadays,” I started my typical opening schpeel.

In truth, there were a few good stations and a few calamitous ones. All in all I hoped I did enough to warrant at least a credible pass. At this point I couldn’t care less about my grades.

A certain friend described my current situation perfectly.

Burnout.

No comments:

Post a Comment