Monday, November 7, 2011

Brain Waves

After three weeks being constantly updated on the latest celebrity gossip (bieber oh baby), I needed an outlet to boost my dwindling testosterone levels. Something manly. Something, macho….

Meh, I went shopping instead. Burton had a 50% sale on shirts. Add 10% if you show your student card. Need I say more.

Galway Trip

My peripheral GP placement has brought me to county Galway, a place of significance due to the fact that I once asked the interviewer to send me to Galway instead of Dublin. Let’s not go there. Some other time, maybe.

Eidul-Adha

Free food never fails to gather a crowd. A feast to commemorate Eid, organized by the Malaysian Embassy gave me an opportunity to meet up with many of my long lost friends/fiends.

I don’t know what to make of this, but I found myself congratulating quite a few colleagues who either got new wives or new babies. Speaking of babies, there were so many!

The cuter ones were being passed around, all getting their cuddle time as well pictures taken, destined to end up on Facebook.

I can’t believe typing “facebook” in MS Word causes a spelling error. Get with the times Mr Gates!

Without being judgemental (not), here are a few speech bubbles of what might be going through people’s minds when they post pictures of them holding babies.

Look at me, I can carry a baby without dropping it.

Look at me, I’m parent material.

Look at me, this baby is so cute just like me.

Look at me, Look at me, no don’t look at the baby, Look at me(Ka-ching)

Look at me…… You fill in the blanksJ

If this blog went public I’d be in for some walloping. Hey, we’re human, I’ve posted my fair share of pictures with babies as well.

I might just do that again in the near future just to gauge people’s reactions

Jokes aside babies are just too cute. I felt like stealing one to bring home. (Dear future me, I hope you don’t get into trouble for this)

Disclaimer : I AM JOKING. (Just covering my bases)

Buzan you genius!

Imagine my hand dipping into a huge pail of really smelly but white MILK. (just go with it). It stays there for a whole minute, and I almost GAG because of the smell. My STOMACH growls in protest.

I finally take my hand out of the pail. To my shock, the hand turns purple, then blue, then red again, then back to its normal COLOUR.

I gasp. My fingers start to GROW right in front of my eyes. Blood vessels start to DILATE on the surface of my palms. My whole hand explodes.

The end

White MILK : Calcinosis

GAG & STOMACH : esophgeal and gut dysmotility

Change in COLOUR : Raynaud’s

Finger GROW : Sclerodactyly

Vessel DILATE : Telengectasia

There you have it my fellow nerds, CREST syndrome.

Two chapters into the MEMORY BOOK by Tony Buzan and I already feel the 20 Euros invested paying dividends. Whoopadidooda.

No comments:

Post a Comment