Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bottoms Up

“Hi, my name is *****, I’m a medical student and today is my final exam....” as I shook his hand, praying for the life of me that he didn’t suffer from one of them rare and complicated syndromes.

And so it began.

I had 40 minutes to figure out what he had, before being grilled by a couple of consultants. The curtains were drawn....


40 minutes later...

“Mr JN is a 62 year old gentleman from Dublin, presenting with a painful and swollen left elbow on a background of Rheumatoid Arthritis for the past two years...”

“Go on,” said Dermott, my examiner for the day.

40 minutes ago...

“Do you have any allergies?”

“I have a rash on my elbows after taking Humira,” replied JN

Things were going smoothly.

“I also have a rash near my bottom,” he continued.

“Your bottom?”


Within a “flash” (literally), he pulled his pants down.

So there I was, sitting in a chair, with a naked man’s buttocks held up to my face.

“Can you see it doctor?” he said, peering in between his legs.

As if the day couldn’t get any better...

No comments:

Post a Comment