Thursday, October 6, 2011

Crunch Time

“A good little bit of heat in ‘ere, righ’ lad,” said the naked old man beside me.

It was the archetypal “Irish” way of mentioning the plainly obvious in order to start a conversation. We were after all in the sauna.

It had been a long day. My two-hour session in the library was followed by a two-hour session in the gym.

The over-exertion of both the mind and body was probably a coping strategy for what had happened earlier in the day.

The mark sheet for the formative (ie : useless) MCQ read :

14.5/40

A clear fail.

Whilst the results had no bearing whatsoever on my overall GPA, it was a telling sign that things aren’t all too well in terms of study.

A week to go. And I’m still writing.






PS : No, I don't go into the sauna naked

No comments:

Post a Comment