Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dream of a dream

I stared at the exam questions for a long time. The Bimbo had surprised us by giving out test papers during one of her tutorials.

Classify and define Hyperparathyroidism.

My head started to feel heavy. I know this. I closed my eyes and tried visualize the diagram I once drew in my notes...

“YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SLEEP DURING MY EXAM!” she shouted.

I was roused immediately. For a moment, I prayed that the nightmare would end. That I would wake up from this potential horror movie scene.

Then I realized that it was totally real.

She stood right in front of me, eyes wide open, breathing heavily.

“Was it THAT easy for ye?” she asked sarcastically.

“Err...I, I”

“You what? Have you finished?” as she grabbed the paper from my hand.

All eyes in the lecture theatre were fixed at the events that transpired. But I was alone in this. There was no get out of jail card...

My heart rate got faster and faster as she read through my answer sheet. I didn’t study and I knew most of my answers were crap...

And no, I didn’t wake up. It wasn’t a dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment